First, i Forgot my camera THEN, but tried to compile a bit of my findings!
Second, it's taken me forever to get them loaded etc.... the Hop was in APRIL 2010! ... crazy stuff. ( i tried to group my collections by 'shops' but, sadly am not accurate. oh well.*some of it's in hiding, cuz it's going into gifts!) ... What i love about the KC hop, is that at each shop you get not only a quilt pattern, but also a CHARM! i love that ... (photo of my past year bracelet to follow! ...later)
I got off work Friday? and remembered, SHOP HOP... stopped to pick up my passport, CHARM and BOM (Block of the Month) ... THEN, realized if i hit all the green lights, i could make it to Harper's, and pick up my prepaid "Jazz" fabric! ... Next morning, Saturday ... DH said, what the heck, let's go to a couple more, it's a beautiful day.... and Viola... we made it to all but one store. We got to Rustic Yearnings just as they were locking the doors, took my passport, but of course they were out of charms. Still, pretty darn good for being SPONTANEOUS!
- Prairie Point ~ where i picked up my "Jewels" Block Party: BOM! (Batik!) *etc
- Harpers ~ where i picked up my "All that Jazz" Special fabric! (*etec!)
- Quilters Haven ~ where i caved in a got addicted to Charm Packs ...
- Quilters Paradise ~ Wizard of Oz! embroidery patterns, etc, etc, *etc!) I confess, we found some cool stuff in Baldwin City, and DH learned that "fine, you get to go to the quilt shop, i get to go into the antique shop" ... equals DANGER!!! ... he helped me pick out fabric, and i found TWO antique sewing machines! (i have to get photos of those, they are SO very COOL! ... he left scratching his head, "how did that happen" ??? well, i just don't know!?
- Overbrook Quilt Connection ~ where i found a cool kit, Ovarian awareness fabric, "DOG" panel *etc
- Stitching Traditions, Topeka ~ Hand dyed Ribbons, *etc! and, some **ugly fabric**
- Stitch On Needlework, Lawrence~ where i found some great batiks ... (*fat quarters and then some!)
- Quilters Quarters, Leavenworth ~ we got lost in the dark on the back roads, and called them - they kindly stayed open for us - my brain was fried, but we found some cool stuff for sure!!!
- Peddlers Wagon, Parkville ~ my son even found some fat quarters for HIS quilt!
- Rustic Yearnings ~ where it was probably a blessing in disguise they were locking up, i get in "trouble" there ... (but i have way cool stuff from there from before!)